Hello stampin' friends! As I've mentioned, I've been working feverishly over the past couple of weeks to get ready for my Holiday stamp camp tomorrow. I wasn't sure what I was going to post today and I ran across this card, which I showed in a Facebook live a few weeks ago. As I was looking at it, it occurred to me that sometimes we get all excited about the new catalogs and forget about all the great sets still available in the current catalog. I'm going to make it my goal to post a project with a set in the big catalog at least once a week. I think I'll post them on Tuesdays, but I didn't want to wait until Tuesday to post this card so here it is!
It's been awhile since I made it so hopefully I remember all the steps...I do remember when I was making it I kept thinking, "Oh, this isn't like anything I usually do....but it's so much FUN!"
I started with the background, which is done on watercolor paper. The big, pink blotch is a stamp from the Artisan Textures stamp set. This is a good type of stamp set to have in your collection...there aren't any real "images" but lots of fun pieces to help you easily create interesting backgrounds on your stamping projects. I inked the image in Melon Mambo and spritzed a tiny bit of water on it before stamping, which softened some of the edges just a bit. Once that was dry, I used another splatter image from the Artisan Textures set to stamp some more Melon Mambo spats but I blotted it before stamping on the paper so they wouldn't be as dark as the main blotch. I still wanted more splatter and color so I used an Aqua Painter to add some specks of Lemon Lime Twist and Smoky Slate, as well as some Wink of Stella.
The little branch and adorable frog are from the Animal Outing stamp set. I stamped the image twice onto watercolor paper using black StazOn ink then watercolored with an Aqua Painter and ink from the lids of Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, Soft Suede and Shaded Spruce ink pads. When the images were dry, I ran them through the Big Shot with the coordinating framelit to cut them out. I kept one piece whole (the one with the frog) and cut the other into two pieces (minus the frog). The whole piece is adhered to the background with mini stampin' dimensionals and the two cut pieces are adhered with SNAIL adhesive.
The sentiment is stamped in black StazOn ink onto Lemon Lime Twist cardstock and cut with one of the ovals from the Stitched Shapes framelits, then layered with SNAIL adhesive. The watercolor paper was then layered onto Basic Black cardstock. I wrapped a piece of black baker's twine around both pieces and attached it to the back before layering all to a Lemon Lime Twist card base. I finished it up with a bow on the front.
Join me here tomorrow when I'll be participating in the Stampers Dozen Blog Hop...and I also have a fun project lined up on Sunday for the Scrapbook Sunday Blog Hop. I participate in both of these hops with some very talented demonstrators so you'll want to make sure to hop to each blog to see some beautiful ideas!
Until next time...happy stampin'!