Wedding Wishes With First Frost

Wedding Wishes With First Frost

Hello friends!  I'm so sorry I missed posting yesterday...I was supposed to participate in the Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop but I was having internet issues and couldn't get to my blog to post.  Hopefully I can make up for it with today's pretty card featuring the First Frost stamp set and coordinating Frosted Bouquet framelits.  I am finding myself loving this dynamic duo more and more...it is soooo versatile!

I came upon the idea for this card by accident.  There is almost always a little pile of cut pieces sitting on my desk...pieces that I've cut for other projects that either didn't work out or I didn't end up using because there were too many...whatever reason.  Today when I looked at the pile, there were some of these beautiful, cut pink roses sitting on top of a piece of Smoke Slate cardstock and I thought the color combination was so pretty!

I already had a couple of the rose cut out so I stamped and cut out a couple more (for a total of two each of the big and little roses) using Powder Pink ink on Whisper White cardstock.  I also cut that pretty branch piece from sparkle glimmer paper four times.  I left two of them intact and cut the other two into smaller pieces to use as filler.  I cut the oval with a Stitched Shapes framelit, stamped the sentiment in Basic Gray ink, then ran it through the Big Shot in the Subtle embossing folder.  I added a couple strips of adhesive to the bottom of the oval and began building the flowers and filler pieces onto it.  When I had it arranged the way I liked,  I splattered it with Wink of Stella then set it aside to make the background.

I still love the Basket Weave embossing folder and am so glad it carried over to the annual catalog!  It makes such a pretty background.  For this card, I lightly inked the inside of the embossing folder with Smoky Slate ink before placing a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock into the folder and running it through the Big Shot.  The ink in the basket weave really helps to make the embossed image pop!  I also spritzed the piece with a Stampin' Sprizer which had a mixture of Champagne Mist shimmer paint and rubbing alcohol.  This was layered onto a Powder Pink card base.

To finish the card, the oval was adhered to the card front.  The finishing touch was a polka dot tulle bow secured with a couple of mini glue dots.

 

Thanks for stopping by today....I'll be sharing another quick and easy project on Sunday!

Leave your comment

Comments have to be approved before showing up