Mixing Old and New

Mixing Old and New

Hello stampin' friends!  This is the project I showed on my Facebook Live stamp class on Sunday afternoon.  If you missed it and would like to watch the replay, visit my Facebook page at Facebook.com/dalbee.pocketfullofstamps.  And if you don't already follow me, I'd love to have you join in!  I do repost all my blog posts but other things as well, including a Facebook Live every other Sunday with a project and prize giveaway!

When I was planning this project, I was thinking how much I enjoyed using the Painted Harvest stamp set from last year's Holiday catalog.  I was so happy that this beautiful and versatile set carried over to this year's annual catalog!  Since I've been trying to use an annual catalog set for my Tuesday posts, I thought it would be a good opportunity to pull it out.  And then I got to thinking, "How awesome would it look with the new Tin Tile embossing folder?"  I love the combination!  What do you think?

I started this card with the sunflower and wanted to do something a little different than just stamping alone.  I stamped the larger layer of the sunflower in Crushed Curry ink onto watercolor paper, then brushed over the stamped image with an aqua painter.  Adding a bit of water washed out the texture in the image and gave it a soft, watercolor look.  When that was dry, I repeated the steps using the smaller layer of the sunflower and Cajun Craze ink.  The center stamped with Soft Suede ink, followed by the dots, stamped in Early Espresso ink.  I fussy cut the flower and set it aside to dry completely.

The next layer is also watercolor paper.  I stamped the base leaf image (solid) three times in Pear Pizzazz ink (use the cut flower for placement), then went over the images with the aqua painter.  I let that dry a bit before stamping the other leaf image (detail) over the first image in Mossy Meadow ink.  Again, using the cut flower for placement, stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso ink.  To finish this piece, pick up ink from the lid of the Soft Suede ink pad with the aqua painter and splatter over watercolor paper.

I love the next layer!!  I ran a piece of the galvanized metallic paper through the Big Shot in the Tin Tile embossing folder.  To get that beautiful copper color, I shook up the bottle of copper shimmer paint then picked up paint from the lid with a sponge dauber.  I used the dauber to apply the paint over the embossed image.  When that was dry, I sponged Early Espresso ink over it to highlight some of the raised parts.

To finish the card, the watercolor paper was adhered to the tin tile piece with SNAIL adhesive.  I wrapped linen thread around both pieces three times, attaching it to the back and then layering it all onto a Mossy Meadow card base.  The sunflower is attached with stampin' dimensionals and a linen thread bow is tied to the front.

 

Thank you so much for stopping by...I'll be back on Thursday with another project to share!

Until next time...happy stampin'!

Dena