GDP#100 - Casing Mr. King

GDP#100 - Casing Mr. King

This week marks #100 for the Global Design Project!  Congratulations to the amazing team of demonstrators from all the over the world who put this challenge together and keep it running smoothly week after week.  I thank you!

To celebrate, the challenge runs a little differently this week...each design team member stamped a card and we get to CHOOSE who we want to case.  All the projects were gorgeous (as always...click here to see them all) so it was hard to choose but I finally decided to case Brian King's card:

I always appreciate the clean lines and pretty color combinations Brian uses for his projects.  In addition, when you read his blog, he is a really funny guy!  I loved the gray and pink together so I chose to use those as well (although I chose Berry Burst for a little more pop) and his layout worked perfectly for the project I had in mind.

I tried something a little different when I stamped the rose for my project.  Typically when I plan to watercolor, I'll stamp the image in Basic Black archival ink.  I wanted the rose image to be really soft and thought that stamping it in black would not give me the look I wanted.  I decided to try inking it with markers (Berry Burst on the rose and Always Artichoke on the stem and leaves), then going over the image with additional ink from my stamp pad lid and an Aqua Painter.

I LOVE the result!  I will definitely be using that technique more often!  I made a couple of other minor modifications to my project but that's what casing is all about...seeing a project and tweeking it to make it your own.

I finished up with a sprinkling of clear Wink of Stella, my favorite for a little bit of sparkle.

Make sure to head over to the GDP page this week to see all the beautiful projects, and play along if you'd like!

I used the following products on this project:

 

Shop Now

 

Until next time...happy stampin'!

Until next time...happy stampin'!

Dena