GDP#099 - Mr. & Mrs.

GDP#099 - Mr. & Mrs.

I had to laugh when I saw the theme for the Global Design Project challenge this week...it's like they are reading my mind over there or something!  Until my Simple Sunday post this week, I hadn't shown any wedding-themed projects...and now you get two in one week!  Make sure to pop on over to the GDP website and take a peek at all the great wedding/anniversary themed cards this week!

I wanted to make sure I did something completely different than my Sunday post, and I knew what set and framelits I wanted to use.  When I went to grab them though, I couldn't find the set ANYWHERE!  I hunted in my studio for quite awhile yesterday before I finally gave up and went to bed.  This morning, I started again because I KNEW I had it.  Guess where I found it?  In the little cubby where I keep all the newest things I haven't used yet.  Duh.

The set I was searching for is Beautiful Bouquet and it's matching framelits, Bouquet Bunch.  I have seen some absolutely gorgeous projects done with this set, but I haven't seen anything with all white flowers and that was my plan!

Some of the flower pieces are not stamped at all, but the larger flower and the tulips have coordinating stamp images.  I wanted them to appear white but still have the stamped detail so I inked them with Smoky Slate ink, stamped off and then stamped the images a second time so the image is very faint.  I cut my pieces from a couple kinds of white paper, to give it a little added texture (I used Whisper White, Shimmery White and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer), and the palest green (Pear Pizzazz) for the stems.  After I cut out the pieces I was going to use, I built my bouquet on a white oval.  This created a good anchor for the bouquet, and also created the size space I wanted to fill.  When I was finished putting it together, the oval was also easy to move around for placement and provided a great base for dimensionals!  I wanted a pretty background but not too busy...I originally thought about using the Layered Leaves embossing folder but thought it might distract from the florals.  Looking through my embossing folders, I pulled out the Pinewood Planks and I think it worked perfectly!

This card definitely does not fall in to the "quick and easy" category but it wasn't hard, either.  It just takes a little extra time and patience to cut the pieces (framelits make that easy!) and build the bouquet!  What a great card for a new bride and groom!

I used the following products on this project:

 

Shop Now

 

Until  next time...happy stampin'!

Leave your comment

Comments have to be approved before showing up